THE MISSION OF THE NEW REVOLUTIONARIES PEER LEADERSHIP TEAM IS TO BE COMMITTED TO RAISING THE STANDARD IN OUR PERSONAL LIVES AND TO PASSIONATELY SHARE WITH OTHERS WAYS TO RAISE THE STANDARD IN THEIR OWN LIVES.
Requirements for New Revolutionaries Peer Leadership Team Members:
- BE AVAILABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN MEETINGS AND TRAININGS AT LEAST ONCE PER MONTH
- BE WILLING AND AVAILABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN GROUP PRESENTATIONS AT VARIOUS TIMES THROUGHOUT THE COMMUNITY
- EXEMPLIFY MODEL BEHAVIOR IN SCHOOL, AT HOME, AND IN THE COMMUNITY
- BE OF HIGH SCHOOL AGE
- BELIEVE IN THE VISION AND MISSION OF YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SERVICES
- ENJOY WORKING WITH PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY TEENS
- BE SELF-MOTIVATED, RELIABLE, POSSESS GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND GOOD MANNERS AND TAKE DIRECTION WELL
- HAVE RECOMMENDATIONS FROM TWO ADULTS (NOT RELATIVES)
- HAVE PARENTAL PERMISSION
New Revolutionaries Peer Leadership
New Revolutionaries Peer Leadership team is a group of high school teens who are committed to raising the standard in their own lives and who share that commitment with others.
The peer leaders promote character building skills and serve as a part of team that implements activities and programs to inform and empower their communities and schools. They are trained to use proper strategies and factual information to impart their empowerment messages through dance, skits, drama, personal testimonies, rap sessions, speakers, informational brochures, vides, books, t-shirts, buttons, etc.
Group members are recruited through schools, the faith community and community groups. Recommendation forms and permission slips are requited.
Please contact the Y.E.S. office at 843-767-9969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.